I AM BACK ON TUMBLR FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A WEEK.
Hello old friend. I have missed you dearly. But before I start trolling away I need to talk a little bit about an experience that was truly one of the best of my life.
I have been wanting to go to you for the past 3 years but my schedule ALWAYS conflicted. GRR! So getting the chance to go this year not only as a Potterhead but as a special guest just put my happiness over the top. I was on cloud 9 the entire time running around the convention like a crazed animagus. Siriusly.
I think the coolest part of the con, other than being constantly surrounded by Harry Potter, cosplay, and Starkids, was meeting fellow Potter-dorks like myself. YOU GUYS. For every person that came up to me, took a picture with me, jammed with me, smiled at me, tweeted at me, or fangirled with me, just know that as much as I may have made your day-YOU MADE MINE. Harry Potter fans, Starkid fans, Nerdfighters…these fans are not only the most respectful, creative, and committed fandoms I have ever witnessed…these fans are a part of a family. And Leakycon is like one big fandom family reunion…an escape from the outside world. A magical place we can all come together, completely geek out, and not be afraid of criticism or bullying, or people calling us weird or strange or different. WE ARE WEIRD. WE ARE STRANGE. WE ARE DIFFERENT. AND WE LOVE IT.
Leakycon IS Hogwarts. And I now know it will always be there to welcome me home :)
Thank you so much Melissa, Pat, and everyone involved in running it. You made me an extremely happy little witch.
HEY GUYS! So just a quick little blog post before I head off to….LEAKYCON!!!! *DYING WHALE NOISE* *TWITCHING ON GROUND* *NOSTRILS FLARING* You get the picture.
First off, to my peeps going to ze CON.
1. IF YOU SEE ME AND WANT TO SAY HI DO IT. DO IT. DO ITTTTTTTT. I will spastically embrace you and fangirl over whatever topic you desire.
2. I have a signing on SATURDAY from 11-12…RIGHT BEFORE AVP3D. You are not allowed to wait in line for the show sooooo come say hi! :)
3. I am going to be tweeting random locations/events I will be going to during ze Con. Feel free to come with or just ignore me.
4. I am gonna make a YouTube video of my Leaky experience to the song ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ so for people at my signing and that I see randomly I may ask if you wanna do something for the video…like a little dance/lip dub or such. Come with ideas. I am open and you may be in the video. The more people in it the better so COME WITH A GROUP and come up to me and be like TESSA WE WANNA BE IN THE VIDEO. AND I WILL BE LIKE OKAY. Basically.
I think that about covers my Leaky peeps. Right. NEXT.
TO MY NON-LEAKY PEOPLES.
I have not forgot about you. Oh no.
1. #hp100 it UP. I made that vid to keep you occupied until I return to entertain you more. I EXPECT RESULTS. I will be checking mah insta…
2. I talked to the Panda man and we wanna do a livestream together at some point during the Con for peeps who couldn’t make it. We will answer questions and such. Will update you on that via twitter, make sure you are following me @tessanetting
3. May be doing some ‘Twitterviews’ with random Starkids/cool ppl at the Con. I will tweet TWITTERVIEW WITH @____ and then pick 5 questions you guys tweet at me and have them answer. So again, make sure you are following me if you wanna get in on THAT jazz.
4. Totally revamped my etsy account with awesome Harry Potter handmade bowties- http://www.etsy.com/shop/tessaroxx. Many more fandom/nerdy/totally awesome ones are on the way when I return. It’s my new favorite hobby making them. So leave a request in my ask and maybe I will make it…
OKAY. THAT IS ALL. TOO LONG. TOO MUCH TYPING.
REBLOG THIS SHIT FANGIRLS.
Obsessed with you all.
Ps. Jon, I was gonna wear one of ur Yo, Harry shirts to Leaky but IT DID NOT ARRIVE IN TIME. DAMN THOSE WIZARD COPS. You are coming next year. #JESSA (I changed my mind I like this better).